AaHa is looking to hire an experienced Chief Architect to take over many of the day-to-day architecture, infrastructure and lead coding tasks from the Founder CTO. Experience in a similar role is a must.
Location: Chisinau or Remote
- Enable scalable, extensible and easy integration of services
- Lead in creation and driving adoption of technology practices and standards
- Continue to evolve and improve our existing common design patterns, technology standards, technical governance, and methodologies
- Increase the number of products the team can handle
- Plan and direct architecture to minimize the appearance of future foreseeable issues and to maximize the flexibility of the codebase
- Improve on our critical applications through technical debt identification and reduction
- Will have the option of taking the CTO position as the Founder CTO transitions to a higher-level role in the organization.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms
- Hands on software engineering background
- Track record of innovation and success in building successful products
- Ability to independently design and deliver large complex projects that solve business needs
- Consistently think and act “ahead of the curve” to anticipate and effectively respond to opportunities and threats
- Ability to see the problems in advance when working through potential architectures at the design stage
- Bringing your own ideas for improvements and being able to propose alternative solutions to business problems
- Data collection and aggregation
- Managing and mentoring direct reports and assigning tasks based on qualifications
- Setting multiple conflicting priorities and breaking large features down into smaller incremental deliverables
- Ability to know when to say “no” or “not now” to a feature.
YOU MUST BE
Able to work without someone standing over your shoulder
Willing to learn new techniques and technologies
New situations happen
A good person
Useful Experience (Not required)
- Experience in rapid development short release cycles
- Evaluating employment candidates and the ongoing work of existing subordinates and mentees
- Container Orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Scalable databases such as ClickHouse, ElasticSearch, or Cassandra
- Statistical literacy (e.g. knowing the tradeoffs of weighted average vs average)
- Basic machine learning and data engineering
- Setting up full end-to-end CI and development environments.
- Frontend dev process
- Serverless environments (e.g. Cloud Functions, etc)
- Displaying data in an understandable way
- Maintaining budgets (servers, team size and other development costs)
Do you want to get in touch?
Let us know what you want to create.